Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lehi's Dream

Hayden was talking to me one night last week. He had been "chatting" with Jesus again. He brought me one of his Book of Mormon hero cards and asked if there were scriptures that went with them. I said yes and he said he wanted to read about Lehi's Dream.

We read about the Tree of Life and I explained the spacious building, straight and narrow path, iron rod, tree of life, etc. I also explained how Satan uses different areas to try and tempt us away from the path we should be on ie: peer pressure, teasing, mocking, etc. He said, "Where would bullying fall?" We talked about it.

Hayden says, "So mom, the Holy Ghost can make you feel good, and Jesus can help things come into your mind and he can also help us find answers other places like the scriptures?"
I replied, "Yes, why?"
Hayden: "Well, I was having a problem and so I prayed about it and I felt like I needed to read about Lehi and I would know what to do?"
Me: "What is going on?"
Hayden: "Mom, I am taking my problems to Jesus and he is helping me to deal with them and he is teaching me. I thought your job, mom, was to teach me that Jesus has the answers. I understand that and isn't it better that I learn it from him?"
Me: "Absolutely, but I am here too, to help."
Hayden: "I know, but this isn't anything that Jesus and I can't handle together."

So, what am I supposed to say to that? My son is figuring out that although I don't have all the answers that he knows where he can find them. I feel so happy inside yet a little unneeded. It is all I can do to just let him handle this situation alone, without me.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

What an incredible son you have! Such an inspiring, testimony building story! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to love reading your blog!!

Linny Lou said...

You have raised that boy so well!! What an inspiration you are to me to be a better mom!! Love you Jer!

Jamie Jo said...

That is awesome!! Count your blessings on that one. Believe...better not needed because they are seeking Jesus rather than them pretty much telling you and Jesus to take a hike! ;)