Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Celebrations

This weekend, I have been pampered, spoiled and have above all else felt very loved and it isn't even Mother's day yet.

Friday night, Julie and I went to Kona Grill for dinner and then to see Billy Elliot at Gammage. I was in awe of the dancing and the sheer talent these young actors had. Absolutely incredible. Best part, spending time with Julie and having her encouragement to move forward with the toy drive, new parent liaison group and starting a new non-profit group. (More info to come... lots in the works). As I expressed my doubts of "having what it takes" to go forward, she reassured me that I can do this and it will get easier as I start doing it. Assurance was also there that it has taken my village to help raise Hayden and that the wonderful village of people in my world, will also be there as I move forward with my new responsibilities. It was so great to just spend time with her chatting and making plans for my future. I am so grateful for her in my life. Her encouragement, love and support is something that I truly cherish!

Saturday, (my boys were at fathers and sons outing), Suzi, Jodi and I shopped, went to lunch and a boutique. So fun. I laugh so hard with these two. They are two of my biggest supporters when it comes to me trying to navigate the daily challenges and adventures of motherhood. They always encourage, show love and tell me what I so desperately need to hear. Plus, they both love and adore Hayden. I am so thankful for all the "mothering" and wonderful examples they are to Hayden.

Saturday night, Thomas, Hayden, Talmage and I were lucky to get to go to dinner with Joyce. I am so grateful to be her daughter-in-law and each year that passes, I grow to love and appreciate her more. She is a good woman, wonderful grandma and humble example to me. She is always willing to serve us and step in when and in whatever way we need her. I enjoyed dinner with her and talking with her about all of our upcoming events.

And, I know that Thomas and Hayden will spoil me absolutely rotten tomorrow. I sure love my guys! They are my world and I am so very grateful for them! I feel very very loved!

No comments: