Sunday, May 29, 2011

Church today

Today at church was a notable event. First of all, Gunter came with us and Hayden loved having his best buddy there. Gunter loved that they sang to him in Primary and made him feel welcome. It was fun to hear Hayden explain things to Gunter.

More importantly, Julie came to Sacrament meeting with us. As the Bishop and missionaries came up to her today, I laughed that it had taken me 25 years to get her into an LDS church building. She was very receptive and I think she enjoyed her time there. Brother Epps, walked over, laughed and said, "You are dead. I walked in once too and now I'm a baptized member of the church." He was so funny!

It felt so good and so right to have her sitting with our family at church. She is an amazing person and I only want the best for her. Whether or not she accepts the church and its teachings is up to her, it won't change how I feel about her, but I do know how much joy, happiness, peace and understanding the gospel of Jesus Christ has brought to my life. I do hope that she finds that peace and joy, no matter what her decision is. I love her and only want the best for her! It was a great day!


No comments: