Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Disneyland

What a FANTASTIC day at Disneyland. We entered the "Happiest Place on Earth" at 7am with very few guests. The boys raced to the rockets, Buzz Lightyear, Matterhorn and then waited for the Indiana Jones ride to open.
Suzi loves the rockets as much as Hayden. I'm not sure what she is going to do when Hayden no longer will let her ride with him. I think I have a picture of Hayden and Suzi on the rockets from every time they have been to Disneyland together.
We were the first ones to ride Indiana Jones and the boys were scared but loved it. I loved listening the Hayden and Braden go back and forth about the boulders, jeep, lights and jerking motions of the ride. They were trying to figure out what was "real" and what was fake. I found myself enjoying just eavesdropping on their little conversations.
Hayden and I, love LOVE love Brother Bear and have seen it so many times. Hayden had so much fun playing with Koda and Kenai. He always tells me that we are "buddies" just like Koda and Kenai. I sure love my boy!
As the day went on, the lines got longer. We used fast pass and rode a ton. We did however, had to wait for the Toy Story Arcade ride. It was a hit and we rode it twice. One of the funnest rides at California Adventure.
Stitch with Braden and Hayden. I love Braden trying to copy him.
Hayden found Goofy. He absolutely loves Goofy ever since he was little, about 4, and Goofy took his hand a skipped away with him. He always asks Goofy if he remembers trying to get him to live with him instead of his parents. Thankfully, Goofy always shakes his head yes and grabs Hayden's hand and swings it. Hayden honestly believes that he is Goofy's favorite! Oh how I love watching him with Goofy!
I sure love these two guys and my world revolves around them. They may be goofy but they are mine and I am so very grateful for them and the joy that they are to me!
While waiting for World of Color to start at California Adventure, Suzi bought the boys swords and they had sword fights. They were absolutely hilarious as they were creating their own entertainment for those around us! Silly Boys!
I loved that Hayden and Braden became better friends and closer cousins over this short weekend. They had the best conversations, laughed, pretended they were superheroes, shared excitement, encouraged each other and did great at compromising. I sure love Braden and his funny personality.
Suzi, once again, thanks for a phenomenally fun weekend! I can't wait to go back. It is definitely the happiest place on earth! (At least one of them). Although, by Midnight and having spent 17 hours there, I was exhausted and really ready for my bed. I can't believe the boys made it from 7am to Midnight. Fun fun times!

No comments: