Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas Tree

As I sat in the hospital, I told Thomas I just wanted to put up and decorate the tree as soon as I got out. Now, we thought I was being admitted, but hence, a promise is a promise and Thomas delivered. The day after I got out, Thomas put up the tree.

My boy loves Christmas and having the Christmas tree up as much as his mom. He was so excited that he put the first ornament on the tree before it was even completely together.
I love my two boys. How great are they that they will do whatever they can to make me happy.
Love that Hayden is getting to be such a help to Thomas and wants to be apart of helping his dad with all that he does. However, he wasn't so sure about separating and fluffing the Christmas tree. He is not a fan of the prickling of the tree needles. I love that he looked at me and said, "Mom, this is way too much sensory processing for me. It is making me crazy." Trying to help him learn to overcome challenges, my response was, "I am sorry. The tree will be all that more precious to you that not only did you help, but that you also had to overcome challenges to enjoy the beauty." I don't think that was the response he was looking for, but he, a little on the begrudging side, did continue to help make the tree beautiful, in spite of the branches and needles making him crazy.
Oh, and the finished tree was absolutely breathtaking. After all four boxes of Disney ornaments were hung, the lights were turned on, we all stood back and took in its beauty.
A big thank you to Suzi and Julie for helping us out and helping to start the transformation on our house into a Christmas wonderland. I have absolutely LOVED sitting next to the lit up Christmas tree this week. It brings a peace to my soul and fills my heart with happiness.

No comments: