Thursday, November 22, 2012

My thankful heart

Thanksgiving Morning and so much is on my mind that I cannot sleep. I sure tried to but after a fiv hour nap, my mind is busily counting my blessings.

I have so much to be thankful for. I am not sure where to begin. When my life has continued to be spared by my Father in Heaven, over and over, how can I not appreciate all that life has to offer? The reality is, I shouldn't be here, so I am grateful for each and every day. I'm grateful for each glorious moment that I get with my loved ones.
I'm going to name a few blessings I am grateful for realizing that I could never possibly count all my blessings and I certainly do not want to forget anyone.
My Father in Heaven, his love for me, the multitude of tender mercies he sends and his forgiveness and mercy. I am grateful that I can kneel down and really talk to Him. I know that my words, my heart and my feelings, expressed or not, are known and felt by Him.

I am grateful that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful for the guidance, support, path, way and light that it brings in my life. I know that my faith in my Father in Heaven and in my Savior came at an early age by attending church and learning about them.   I am so grateful that I can go to church on Sunday and feel their love. I have the opportunity to go and learn more about them, their love for me and the path to follow to help me return home to them when my time on earth is through.

I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation. As a mom, I have had to explain to my sweet son what would happen if mom died this year. I had to prepare him... And am so grateful that I was able to explain that this life is temporary. It was neither the beginning nor the end. We lived with our Father in Heaven and older brother, Jesus Christ, before we came here in the pre-existence. Earth is a temporary state. We all die eventually, when our time here is done. But this life is not the end. When we die, we go back with our Heavenly Parents. I was able to explain that the Savior needs people here on this earth to do his work and He also needs others to help him in the next phase of our progression. Mommy will go and do what my savior needs me to, wherever that is. I hope it continues to be here but if he needs my help in the next phase, I will still see him again and we will be together forever. What a comfort it is for this knowledge and how blessed I am to be able to pass it on to my son and comfort him.

I am grateful for my ward/church family. Their love and sacrifices for me. Their friendship, support, prayers and love. For months and months, they have selflessly brought in meals and cared for me and my family.

I am grateful for a husband that loves me. That will and does serve me, help me, comfort me and take care of me. I live for him to come home each day. I feel safe when I am with him. I don't have to be strong  because he has enough for both of us. He cherishes me always, forever and no matter what and I couldn't be more grateful. I am grateful that he holds and honors the priesthood. On numerous occasions, he has gently laid his hands on my head and called down the powers of heaven. Through this remarkable power, my life has been spared, I have been made week, my soul has been comforted and my heart calmed. What a blessing to have a husband that walks upright before God and can bless our family with the power of heaven. He is also an amazing Dad that has taken over doing homework, reading, bath time, bedtime and medicines. He has still found time to play with Hayden and have special father and sons outings to make Hayden feel special.

I am grateful for family. Those that give and give and give and give to help us out. Those that never tire that the need for their help is endless yet they step up and answer or call for help before we even ask. There are so many of them I cannot name them all. Both sides of our family and extended family that continue to help us out. Do errands. Fold laundry. Run me and Hayden to all our appointments. Pay for a house cleaner so I can heal each day in a clean home. And so many that pray for us that our physical, spiritual and temporal needs be met. And then they go out and meet them. There are no words.

My sweet son. Hayden keeps me happy. He keeps me fighting for my life. His voice has pulled me out of deep sleep. His laughter rejuvenating to my soul. He can pull me out of a seizure with the best of them. He cuddles with me. Prays for me. Serves me. Loves me. Brings more joy than I can express. I am so proud of who he is and who he is becoming. He is a walking example of Christlike love and caring. He brings deep joy to my heart.

My sister. How do I not mention her? When my mom died 26 years ago, my Father in Heaven had already put a plan in place to make sure I had someone to fulfill my needs like my mom would have. My sister is a breath of fresh air. She brings joy to my heart. I could never express enough how much I love her.

My support system. There are so many. But to Thomas, Hayden, Julie, Suzi, Joyce, Jodi and so many others. Thank you. What would my life be without your constant love and support. Your sacrifices are too numerous to count. Thank you. You make my world a better place.

I am so blessed. I have so much to be grateful for.

No comments: