Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lisa and JD and family party

Thanksgiving brings lots of good times to our lives. We are able to stop and really be grateful for all the gifts in our lives. One of our greatest blessings is all of our family. On Wednesday night, we were able to get together with all of the Simonton's and Lisa & Robert and family at our house. What a wonderful night. I love hearing Hayden playing with his cousins, talking with my family and laughing and all the love that is contained in our home.

Kaylee was so cute with Talmage. He came over and pulled the headphones out of Kaylee's ears. Kaylee was a doll and let him have them and played with him. I love love love watching all the cousins interact.
Tyler, Robert and JD. I have more fond memories of these guys together than I could start to count. Robert and Lisa were so great and let me live with them during college. JD and Jodi lived with them a lot during the summers. Of course, Tyler was a little boy that I babysat and hauled around with me. I cannot believe that he is a grown man. He is loving as ever and I love reminiscing with all of them.
I love my brothers. I love JD laughing. My brothers all cry when they laugh and it makes me laugh even harder. As all of us sit around and talk and laugh, there are tears of joy streaming down our face. It is an endearing quality or quirk that I love about all of us Simonton's.
Robert, Tyler, JD, Jake, Lisa, Katie and of course stacks of pizza to feed all of the gang.
Pizza, talking, stories, catching up and joy.

While all of the adults sat and talked.... boy how the cousins all played.
Hayden is in cousin heaven..... sword fights and all.
Chad is such a good sport and played and entertained all the cousins and younger kids. Love him. Hope Hayden is as good to his younger cousins as Chad is.
Rosie and Jake.
JD and Cassie
Robert and Jodi - Thomas was going around the table taking pictures of all the couples. Jodi looked over at Robert and said, "oh no" and laughter erupted around the table. Billy Bob was offended that Jodi didn't want her picture with him. Of course, she denied it. Love this picture. Jodi cannot remember life before Bob. He loves her like one of his own kids. Robert has always been wonderful to all of us and when he married Lisa he took on all of us, as well as Lisa's siblings.
Me and Katie - Love her. Loved her since she was a baby. Loved living with her, even in her moody kindergarten years when I couldn't do anything right. I love you, Katie and you know it! I always wanted my own little girl just like her. I loved Katie coming in my bed at night and reading with her. Precious memories.
Jake and Tyler crack me up. Could these two be more alike? They both are big cuddly teddy bears. Both pretty easy going and both as loveable as can be.
Lisa has been a lifesaver to me more times than I can ever count. She is even staying next week to help me out and help me get Christmas under control. She is planning on running me to doctors and helping to finish decorating. Love her.
Josh and Stephanie
I love when my home is filled with the love of extended family. I have been blessed with so many loved ones that I cherish and adore. And, even though by 8pm, I could no longer stay awake for one more minute of fun and went in and went to bed. I was so glad that everyone was at my house so that Thomas and Hayden could stay and enjoy the gathering. Thanks Lisa and Robert and JD and Cassie for coming and giving us a fun reason to all get together and share in each others company.

No comments: