Saturday, November 3, 2012

Gratitude of love

If my heart could only express one word, it would be GRATEFUL!

I have been the lucky recipient of much needed service for so long now. I am in awe at the friends, church members, family members and complete strangers that have done so much and continue to do so much for me and my family. 

I don't know many people that have the incredible support system that I have and for that I am grateful.
I have had a lot of time to reflect on what is going on in my life and how blessed I am. I am really learning to find joy in the journey and not just wait for the next destination, the next bright spot or even the next stretch of feeling good.

My dear friends and church members have set up a rotation for bringing in meals 3 times a week while I am down. They always bring way more than we can eat or an extra type of meal for my lunches or the next day. Family members are constantly bringing by frozen dinners, homemade soups, delicious meals and offering help.

I have had the sweet opportunity to have some incredible women in my home. When each of these great and noble women walk into my house to check on me, see how I am doing, or just spend time talking, I am in awe of them and that they call me their friend.

These aren't things that they are required to do, they do it out of love, charity and Christlike service. My heart is full for each dinner dropped off, note sent, flowers brought in, homemade bread, yummy cookies, and all the magazines, books and movies that have been brought over. Christlike love, expressed by incredible women and some men, has touched my heart so deeply.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Thank you to each of you for your gentle acts of service, for wrapping your arms around me with a tender hug when I have needed support and to those of you who have unexpectedly to just hug me and comfort a tired, worn out soul. Your gentleness, long suffering and continued Christlike service has brought so much comfort to my life. Thank you!      

No comments: