Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 8th

The morning started out like most... Thomas woke me up with a Polar Pop diet coke in hand. He kissed me and told me Happy Birthday. He smiled. I knew he was so happy I was still with him to celebrate another year and another birthday. He made me an egg, so the day would go smoothly without too much sickness. He had beautiful flowers on the counter... Hot pink roses and white lilly's. And cards from him and Hayden. And my new white Sperry tennis shoes that I was so excited about. It was wonderful morning. 

Suzi showed up early with kneaders French toast, raspberry croissants, cinnamon rolls and double fudge brownies. Yummy! Heidi VanWoerkom and Lisa also came over and we all talked about Africa, since Suzi had returned the night before. We laughed, talked, shared stories and had a great time. 

Jodi, Brooklyn, Brigham, and Talmage showed up mid morning. I love the way that Talmage marched in with a grin on his face holding yummy Cupcakes. Delicious. We laughed and talked. I just soak in every minute I can get with my sister. 

Jodi and I were able to do something I haven't done in a lifetime, it feels like. We went to lunch. Just the two of us. We had planned to take the kids. But, they wanted to stay home and play Minecraft. Ok by us. A lunch alone with no kids. Perfect. We went to Kneaders and shared a sandwich. So so yummy! I loved every minute with Jodi, we have so much fun together and we definitely approach things better with both of us. 

While Jodi was there, my relief society president, Terry Mazarelli and Ann Call came and brought flowers and treats. I felt so loved. Then Heidi and Lisa came back. 

It was so much fun. They all left and I planned to lie down and rest. However, I felt so loved as more people came by and visited me. Including Donnie and my neighbors. I felt so loved. 

Thomas came home from work early! I loved him surprising me. It was great. He loves me and that means everything to me. 

We had a girls night out. First one in what felt like a lifetime. Heidi, Lisa, Suzi and I went to bJ's and sat and talked. It was fun. It was delightful. I felt so incredible. 

Of course, when I came home, I was exhausted and fulfilled. I felt over the moon. It was better than a dream. Better than anything I could have imagined. I did the impossible. And it was simply amazing. 

44, you are going to be a great year....I can just feel it! Happy BirthDaY to Me! 

No comments: