Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Birthday week

I realize it is a birthDAY but for some reason...mine always turns into a birthday WEEK. 

Jodi was laughing as she told me what Troy said. "Jerlyn somehow always celebrates for an entire week instead of a day. Now, I can see why she did last year. All of us were certain it would be her last birthday." 

True statement. I didn't think I would make it to this birthday. Some are bothered by getting another year older. Me, I am so grateful I made it to see my 44 th birthday. Even at the beginning of June, Thomas and I talked of how to handle my birthday with Hayden, with me no longer being here. I had become so ill, we both thought death was inevitable. 

So, to make it to August 8th, and to get to celebrate another birthday, was a dream, wish and prayer come true. We decided to celebrate the joy of more memories, more hope, more moments together and more love to share. I was definitely showered with love of all kinds. 

My birthday kicked off on August 6th. My Dad and Bonnie took Thomas, Hayden and me to a great new restaurant, Ryu. It is Japanese Teppanyaki. My favorite. So yummy. I love the fried rice, stir fried vegetables and shrimp with filet mignon. Yummy! 

We talked, we laughed and had a great time. We talked of home schooling, Q96, vitamins and minerals, Brogan and heart surgeries, and of hope and joy and the future. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed myself so much with them. It was great to just feel like me again. To relax and have fun. 

The celebration continued throughout the week. I was showered with love and kindness. I'm grateful for all those that celebrated with me. 

And 44.... No one has ever been so excited, as I am to be another year older and have survived the last year of my life. I didn't think I would get to see this day and celebrate it. To do so...joy beyond words. 

No comments: