Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Support systems

I'm so blessed!

I have a wonderful family....
I have great friends...
I have an amazing ward family....

Yesterday, a dear friend came and visited me. We talked. We laughed. I found myself so grateful for friends who understand this journey of mine. 

We talked of miracles, our Savior's love, the purpose of earth life and how to help one another through this journey. We laughed. We celebrated. We spoke honest truths and testified of our Savior. 

We talked of the long road that I have walked. This journey, has taken me to the edge and beyond. There are days I have felt like I was sliding off the side of the mountain and there was a chain of people, hands clasped together, all holding me so I wouldn't lose grip and fall down the mountain. 

As I pictured this scenario, something happened. First, I saw my picture. Thomas holding my hand, in both of his, him clasping and holding on to me with every bit of strength he had. Hayden stood anchoring my other arm. Desperate to keep his mom on this earth with him. There were so many others.... Pulling me up the cliff and holding on. There were many others holding tight to Thomas and Hayden to steady them. Jodi, Suzi, Julie, Joyce, Lisa and my family. Ward members and many many friends. Even doctors and care givers, chiropractors and church leaders, young and old alike held on to me. It felt as if my human chain went forever of all those holding on to steady and balance me and my care givers. Gratitude swept as I pictured the scene. 

Then, in a blink, the picture changed. All of a sudden, I was seeing the scene differently. It was as if my eyes were opened. Now, I saw the same individuals and more. I saw my Savior and angels. The scene grew clearer. As I saw myself, I was wrapped in my Savior's arms. As I pictured my Savior holding me,the scene that was frightening, just moments prior, became peaceful.  I was never in real danger because I was wrapped in my Savior's arms. Always protected. Always safe. Securely anchored and wrapped in the arms of my loving Savior. 

Thomas was held up by two angels. Strong and supportive. My guess was one was his father who had passed away just before we met. The other, another relative of his. Maybe a grandfather. What I am sure of was his guardian angels, were protecting him, strengthening him, helping him on this journey as he was helping me. 

I saw my son. My dear precious Hayden. He was surrounded by angels. He had so many with him. My mom,my grandparents, and other surrounded my boy. He was wrapped in so many layers of angels. He has been so protected during this trial. He has been sheltered. He has been taken care of by so many. I've been so worried about him yet he has been shielded from the harsh realities of the situation. He has had his heart protected by angels and our Savior. He too, has been wrapped in the arms of his loving Savior. 

I saw Jodi, she was wrapped in my mother's arms. She was held by many angels who were helping her. 

As I looked around, I saw all the key people in my life. All being strengthened by unseen angels. All protected. All surrounded by protection, peace and love. All being helped as the helped me. 

The scene changed from one of hopelessness and fear to peace and undeniable love. 

So many moments were brought back to my memory. I felt undeniable and overwhelming love and peace. 

As quickly as the scene changed and my eyes were opened to the realities of my situation, gratitude and peace swept over my heart and soul. I was never in real danger. Sure, my mortal existence was hanging on by a thread, my mortal body weak and overcome with disease and illness and my physical body was struggling to survive. However, from a very real and spiritual realm, I was safe. The giver of life, the one who rules the earth and skies, held me safe in his loving arms. I was safe. 

I have known that I have not walked this journey alone. I have felt my Savior at every turn, every fork in the road and when the pain of this illness was too much to bear. I have been strengthened by angels, ministered by my Savior and received life saving miracles. I have always testified that we do not walk alone and that our Savior stands with open arms. I have been the recipient of His love each and every day. 

As this scene unfolded, I felt my Savior again whisper truths into my heart. "My dear daughter.... You need to open your eyes...see with your spiritual eyes, not just your mortal eyes. You need to look harder, see more and realize all that has been given to you. You have been blessed. I have walked with you. I have strengthened and carried you. All those around you have been safely in my care, being strengthened and protected and ministered to by angels. As they have helped you, my angels have blessed them. You need to look harder...try more intently to see....you are so mortal in your insight."  

My Savior again witnessed to me that I am His. Because if Him... Everything in my life is ok. I will continue to have trials. I will continue to struggle. I will continue to have good days and bad days and I will see with my mortal eyes. But, because of Him, I will look closer, try to see as my Savior sees, try to open my eyes and see the beautiful help I am being given. I will try to take in all that is good and wonderful. I will try to see the spiritual and angelic blessings that are mine. 

It is amazing to me that my Savior, with one flash of a scene, can change my perspective so much. With His perfect guidance, all is possible. "For I have come to overcome the world!" He did come. He has walked our path so he can walk with us. He overcame the world and so can we. 

As I commit to try harder, see more clearly and trust more, I too, can overcome my mortal blindness and see with perfect light and faith what really is. 


No comments: