Thursday, September 11, 2014

Game night

We absolutely LOVE the Etherington's living right down the street. 

Sunday morning, before church, we eat breakfast together, rotating between our homes. We make different foods but always have bacon and sausages for the boys. This week we had waffles and pancakes and cinnamon rolls to go with the meat. We then play games. This week we played Apples to Apples but usually it is Mexican Train with dominoes. But, it was Hayden's turn to pick. Robert was out of town but Lisa, Katie, Josh and Chad came. We had a great time. 

Tuesday, Chad came over to help Hayden with homeschooling. He stayed and talked with me while Suzi took Hayden to the dentist. He stayed for a yummy dinner that Suzi brought back from Olive Garden. So yummy! Then we played games. I love playing Apples to Apples. Especially with these boys. They are hilarious and laugh and giggle at the random answers they pick. I love it. 

Wednesday, Lisa and Katie left for Denver and Bob hadn't come back from Denver yet. In the late afternoon, Josh and Chad came down. We talked for a little bit and then watched Godzilla. Josh hadn't seen it, so although we had watched it the night before, we watched it again. When Thomas got home, he took the guys to Dave's Original Hamburgers for dinner. Excellent burgers at a cheap price. $5 for a huge double cheeseburger and fries. So for all five of us to eat under $20, stuffed, at a restaurant, not bad. We loved having them over. 

Today, Hayden had left for a movie with Grandma Julie. I had a Q96 meeting. Chad knocked on the door at about 1pm. The people I was meeting with didn't end up showing up until after 4. Chad and I laughed and talked, made plans, talked of goals and figured out life. He is so fun to talk to. He is such a great kid. He is so good to me and Hayden and Thomas. He asked how he could help... With Hayden and homeschool or babysitting or he would help Thomas clean the garage or out up shelving. He told me he would do anything I needed. I love talking to him. He is such a great kid. 

I am so glad they moved close. I knew I would love them being here. I knew I would have fun with Lisa. I knew Thomas and Robert would be great friends. I knew how much Hayden adores Chad. I just didn't realize how much I truly would love having Lisa's kids coming down randomly. I love them so much. And I love that they are willing to just come hang out with us. They make my heart smile. 

Tomorrow- game night for Thomas and Hayden with Robert, Josh and Chad. They are starting a new game night with Munchkin and Settlers of Catan. I see many happy game nights in our future. 

Life is fun with the Etherington game. 





No comments: