Friday, September 5, 2014

Storms

I awoke early one morning to thunder and rain. Oh how I love rain. The cool breeze, the most wonderful smell, and the fantastic storms on the sky. I sat on the rocking chair and soaked it all in. The clouds danced across the sky. The birds flew free. The rain didn't stop them. The clouds only gave them a beautiful background to fly against. They soaked in the cool fresh crisp air, just as I was. 

I looked at the storm and saw the beautiful rainbow it created. I marveled at the clouds and the serene calm they created after the storm. I loved how everything felt anew and refreshed. The world seemed more in focus and clearer. My heart rejoiced. 

As I rocked and watched the clouds dance across the sky, I thought of,the storms in my own life. How many times the lightening has raged, the thunder has wrecked havoc in my life and he rains beat down upon my back. I remember the fierce winds and wondered if the storm would ever calm. I was cold and tired, the wind caused burns and the lightening made for many frightening moments. I wondered if the storms would ever calm and the sunlight would ever shine again. 

As I sat rocking, I took it all in. 

I soaked in the calm. I rejoiced in the sound of the birds chirping. I felt refreshed and renewed. 

Life's storms sure are hard to soe times weather. They beat upon us. They force us to stand firm with our feet planted firmly on the ground. It requires us to hold tight and find steady ground. It requires effort. 

But, on the other side of the storm, there is calm and peace, strength and rejuvenation and a peace that comes only after a violent rain storm. 

Right now, I feel,the calm. I feel the peace. I feel the rejuvenation after the storm. I find myself reflecting and looking back and fully looking forward to the sunlight. 

I'm so grateful for the things that kept me planted firmly in the soul during my own storms. My Savior held me and protected me. He was my shelter during the storm. And He is my guiding light pointing me forward to a new day, whispering peace and love. And reassurance that the storm really has past. 

And in His own beautiful and wonderful ways, He assured me, just like the birds in the sky, refreshed after the storm, I am ready to fly. 


No comments: