Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day

We had a great Labor Day filled with family and fun. 

I am so so lucky. Not only do I have a wonderful husband and son to celebrate special says with, I have an amazing family. My brother and his sweet wife had us over for BBQ, swimming and fun. My amazing sister and her family came, along with Suzi Q and Lisa and gang. (We did miss JD and. Josh and their families that were out of town). 

We ate and talked, laughed and teased. Most everyone went swimming while I took a long nap due to still fighting another infection. Bummer. However, it was great falling asleep and awakening to the sound of familiar voices and a gentle tenderness knowing I was surrounded in love. 

We ate a yummy lunch of hamburgers and yummy sides. Thomas made the day complete by whipping up three batches of homemade ice cream.. Mixed berries, Oreo and my favorite, banana. 

We even taught Josh and Chad how to play spades. Beginners luck....they beat us. Haha. 

Days like this mKe life worth living. They combat the hard days and out all into perspective. 

These people that I get to call "my family" are simply amazing. I'm surrounded by love with hugs and loves from four year olds on up. 

Life is good. I'm grateful for a day to rejuvenate my spirit and keep me going. 

No comments: