Sunday, September 14, 2014

Workday or Saturday

Saturday was the ultimate of work day's for Thomas. He called Chad early in the morning to see if he could get his help. Chad came down and helped Thomas all day. They hung storage racks in the garage on the ceiling. Then they moved into my laundry room creating extra shelving for food storage. They worked from sun up to sun down. And finished about half of the laundry room, as well as the garage. 

After they were beat for the day, Robert and Josh came down for games. We laughed hilariously at how the three boys are predictable but so different in their game play. Josh just wants a good laugh. He is random and chooses what makes him laugh. Chad is so logical and his precision in meaning is very methodical in the cards he chooses. And Hayden, well if it says Master Chief or Superhoeroes or is something he finds applicable to his life, that is the card he chooses. Robert goes for funny and Thomas is just random in his selections. 

Josh laughed that I was killing them with cards and ended up taking them all. He asked if I just had great cards. Yes. I had good cards. However, I played more to the person choosing the card than worrying about the actually card itself. I think I won every single round when Hayden was selecting. I know how that boy thinks. (Biggest scandal:Microsoft he's worried about his precious Minecraft being messed with. Smartest: Einstein, his hero. Virtuous:telling the truth. Greatest invention: Kaiju from Pacific Rim. Coolest animal: black mamba snake. And always, his response is Obama for phony or misrepresentation. And best invention: video games) 

I love watching Hayden interact and seeing how he responds in real life situations and how that brain of his works. He thinks. He lives in his own world he has created in his head. I love when I can get inside his head and get a glimpse of how his gears and mechanisms turn. And how I can be  a spectator of his thoughts. 

After they all left, Thomas, Hayden and I all cuddled up on the couch with the pups on our laps. I love snuggling my guys. I love my family. I love just soaking in all the love and joy that we have when we stop and just be together. It makes me smile. It warms my heart. 

And before going to bed, yep, I walked outside and in the laundry room and admired my new shelves and storage so lovingly put up by my husband and Chad. I'm grateful.. I am so blessed. 


No comments: