Thursday, September 11, 2014

Rain



The rain came down last week. It rained and it poured. It lightening and thundered. The heavens were opened and poured out. 

Many many people had been praying and fasting and pleading for rain. Arizona was so dry. So in a drought. We desperately needed the rain. 

I awoke in the middle of night with rain. It was raining hard but I love the smell. Me and Maya went and sat on the rocking chair. We rocked and sang at 2 am in the rain. It was heavenly. We came on and went back to bed. At 4 am I was jolted out of bed by the loudest noise and a shaking home. I was freaked out. I thought for sure our house has been hit by lightening. Crazy. I was so scared. Of course, while Thomas and I bolted out of bed and the dogs were barking like crazy, Hayden continued to saw logs. He didn't even flinch. Man he is a hard core sleeper. 

The next day it continued to rain. The smell was delightful. The weather was better than a dream. It was even a but cold. Hayden and I bundled and read in the rocking chair. The rain behind me continue to just pour from the heavens. Hayden and I took full advantage and studied as much as we could outside. 

To me, rain is refreshing. It is cleansing. It soothes and renews. As I sat and rocked, I got lost in my own thoughts. I thought of my life. My life is like a good rain storm. When I pray for help and blessings, the Savior doesn't just answer my prayers with a light sprinkle. When I ask for blessings, my Savior gives me a downpour. More blessings than I need and answers so I have no question that He is in control. 

He sends his signature tender mercies. Gifts so specialized and so perfect that it's as if he signs his name to them. This rainstorm, just like the blessings in my life, had God's signature. 

When the rain finally stopped in the evening, it is like God signed his name to the sky, signing Love, God, to make sure I realized this gift of rain and comfort. 

I am his. He loves me. And today, He sent me a beautiful gift of his love. 

No comments: