Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I'm going for it!

For the last several years and months, each blessing and each answer to my prayers contained the following: someday, because of this journey, many will be brought to me. 

Then the blessings started adding more details.... In your story, people will find faith to keep going. People will know that miracles still exist today. My children will know that I do not leave them in their trials but walk with them each day. 

As I started Q96, and my body has begun to heal, the answers have come more quickly. I have had the privilege of the Savior helping to "piece together" the blessings and lessons for me. I've been instructed in what I am to do. 

I made an agreement with my Savior long ago. If He allowed me to stay on this earth and be a mom to Hayden and a wife to Thomas, I would do His will. My life would be turned over to Him. Technically, I am living on borrowed time. My life should have ended three years ago, with a bleed out and my heart stopping. I shouldn't have survived it. I didn't. But our Savior is so kind. And free agency is real. I begged to be able to do the work I needed to do here instead of in the Spirit World. 

Because my Savior loves me and knows the true intent of my heart, He allowed me to remain on this earth with those I love and cherish. However, I knew the journey would not be easy. I knew my Savior could not take my physical pains and ailments away. I understood it was apart of His plan. I knew He was helping me and in doing so, this life was no longer my own but one that would be dedicated to our Savior and furthering His work. I was told the journey would be very difficult. The road I would walk would be one He would never ask me to. It would take me to my breaking point. It would be excrutiatingly painful. It would be harder than I had any idea. He said as his child, it would break His heart to watch me walk such a difficult and hard path. But, it was my choice. 

I didn't care. I wanted to raise my son. I had so much I still wanted to teach him. 

My loving Savior let me return. To fight each day to live. To struggle. To hurt. To walk each day of this life with a disabled and very mortal body. 

Each day since, I have been tutored by Him. As I have fought to breathe, to walk, to survive, I have not done it alone. My Savior has surrounded me with earthly angels disguised as friends and family, acquaintances and my ward family, all willing to help me along my journey. He also sent heavenly help. He has sent hosts of Heaven to buoy me up, strengthen me, teach me and comfort me. I have not walked this journey alone. When all of these angels were not enough to sustain my life and comfort my soul, my precious Savior stepped in. He carried me and walked this ever so difficult path with me. 

I told Him I couldn't do it, He assured me He could. I told Him I lacked the strength. He showed me He could move mountains. He did what I couldn't do for myself. 

My journey has been rocky, but I have come to know my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know who He is. I know He will always be with me. I know that I am His and I am loved. 

The journey that has taken place and unfolded over the past three years has been simply amazing. 
And now, I am ready to document this amazing adventure. 

I'm writing my story, my book and my journey.  

My goal is in writing. My date is set. I have 300 days to complete the challenge. I can do it. I know it will be an adventure in and of itself, but I have learned when my Savior asks me to do something,  I do it. And just as. He has walked the last three years with me, carrying me and strengthening me, teaching me and encouraging me, I know this book will be no different. I know my Savior will walk with me and help me as I go. 

Here if walk into the next chapter of my life.....

(Thank you, Laurel for the challenge and including me in your 300 days challenge. I'm excited to work with such amazingly talented and motivated people.)

No comments: