Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Break

Hayden was so excited to get to come to work with me yesterday. After about 4 hours here, he decided it wasn't quite as much fun as he thought it was. He walked into Grandpa's office and said, "Grandpa, its my fall break. That's when there is no school and you are just supposed to be having fun. This isn't fun. How about you stop working and just play with me?". Within about 10 minutes Grandpa was done working and the three of us went to Peter Piper Pizza to play games. We had fun and Hayden loved being able to play with just Grandpa. After about an hour or so, we headed back. When we pulled up to Grandpa's house, Hayden says, "Thanks, Grandpa...that was a lot of fun! But, I'm ready to go home now, can you just let mommy go home, I am really done with her working today." Now, what was Grandpa supposed to do... me and Hayden dropped off Grandpa and headed home for the day. Thanks, Hayden buddy!

Hayden and I made the most of our time and went home and made Gingersnaps and chocolate chip cookies, all while watching the new Ben 10 movie! We even called Uncle Jake to come over since his favorites are homemade gingersnaps. Hayden and Jake were having so much fun laughing and playing and poking at each other. Uncle Jake, trying to secure his place at number one, gave Hayden $60 to go buy a new ds or wii game tonight.

I don't know how he does it but that little guy of mine sure can get what he wants out of everyone. He is definitely spoiled rotten!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Haha...smart kid!!!