Sunday, October 24, 2010

Road Lesson

I absolutely love this picture. Hayden wanted so badly to ride the road rally racers by himself. Thomas could tell that Hayden was going to struggle doing it. At first he tried pushing Hayden then quickly grabbed a bike and helped Hayden to do it. I could hear/see Thomas around the course. As the course went on, tears filled my eyes. Thomas was pushing Hayden from behind, verbally cheering him on, he reassured him that he could do it and in the end when Hayden was just out of strength, Thomas came along side and held on to him while he helped him to finish the race. Along side, TJ, Brody, Brigham, Grandma and I were all cheering him on. He did it and he finished the race. He was EXHAUSTED afterwards but so very proud of himself. The rest of that day and into the night, that moment has stuck with me. I think this race is so similar to our lives. We set out unsure of our abilities to be able to conquer the race. I think our Heavenly Father has to be much like Thomas was with Hayden....letting go when he knew Hayden could do it, encouraging us to keep trying, pushing us when we don't have the strength to keep going and in the end, right there with us, holding onto us so that we can make it and can finish the race. Not only that, the Lord has placed people in our lives and path to encourage us, support us and cheer us on when we feel like giving up. I not only saw the similarities, I felt the Lord was trying to teach me that it is the same with us on earth... he is here with us, teaching us, pushing us and carrying us when we can no longer do it ourselves. I am so thankful for his gospel and the understanding I have of the purpose of this earth life. And, especially the knowledge that he does walk with me, even when I am so tired I can't see him.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Beautifully said!!! Loving your heartfelt, inspiring posts, friend!