Thursday, March 31, 2011

Girls Night Out

Tuesday night, Jodi and I were able to go out to dinner with our two wonderful aunts, Faye and Carolyn. These two are so much like Jodi and I. We have so much in common. They are best friends and love to go to lunch, bargain shopping, garage sale shopping, out for ice cream and just laugh and talk. Listening to them and seeing their incredible relationship, made me even more thankful for Jodi and the wonderful friendship that we share. I was amazed at how much Jodi and I are so much like Faye and Carolyn.

We went to Olive Garden and sat and laughed and talked. At one point, I looked across the table at both of them discussing something and I smiled. I pray that Jodi and I are that close, that good of friends and are that happy when we are in our 70's.

After stuffing ourselves at Olive Garden, we went to Baskin Robbins and sat there for hours. I need to get copies of Faye's photos... of all of us laughing and eating ice cream cones.

It was such a needed and wonderful evening. I am so thankful that Jodi and I had the opportunity to just spend time with them. They are such wonderful women that I really admire. Life is always happy and joyous to them. I love their positive attitudes.

Jodi and I talked on the way home and then had a great conversation sitting in her driveway about our mom and how the Lord answers each of our prayers and sends tender mercies in the way that each of us need.

One of my greatest blessings in life is my sister. I couldn't imagine my life without her. She is my friend, my support, my strength and someone that knows how to pick me up when I am down. I do consider her one of the kindest blessing my Heavenly Father could have given me.

What an incredible evening with more laughter and smiles than I believed possible!

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

It was a great night for sure! You better believe that we will still be going strong, garage sale shopping and hanging out when we are in our 70s.