Sunday, March 6, 2011

Snorkeling

Our trip to Hawaii would not be complete without a boat ride filled with whale watching, dolphin spotting and snorkeling. I can honestly say I think that Thomas would rather do this than anything on earth. And, he LOVED every minute of it!
Bonus: we were able to see the ship from the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Hayden and Thomas were both impressed.
Thomas was so happy that he actually got me into the water to snorkel. When I jumped in, it was so cold it absolutely took my breath away. But, the thought of swimming with a sea turtle was well worth it!
That is me with the sea turtle, up close. It was an amazing experience to see the turtle and how amazing of a creature. I loved that we also saw a mom with a baby. Too sweet!
Here are all of us on the boat watching a whale jump. He swam right up near the boat. I was in awe with the size of the whale.
We had a great time seeing all of the dolphins, as well. I just love the feel of the wind on my face. So relaxing. What a great way to end a wonderful trip to Hawaii. It is definitely one that we will always cherish and always remember!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe how close you are to that turtle! When I went to Hawaii I was afraid the turtles would bite me so I stayed away from them. Haha. Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm glad you got to have a much needed vacation :)

Monroe Family said...

I LOVE that quote on top of your blog!!!!!!!!!! I think I might steal it:) You are a great example to that cute Hayden! How lucky he is to have you for a mom! Love ya JER!

Jodi Davis said...

I am so glad that you both had an amazing time! I am jealous that you saw a sea turtle up close. It looks awesome!