Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grateful..... Verry Verry Grateful

It is true... over the past couple of weeks and months, I have been struggling. There has been a lot going on and I have felt very overwhelmed and discouraged. Thoughts of no matter how hard I tried, it never seemed to be enough in any area. No matter what I did, the sheer hopelessness of the situation seemed to be my dominant emotion. The anxiety I have felt had completely knocked the wind out of me.

I hit about rock bottom a couple of weeks ago and just didn't know how to keep trying when my emotions and hormones felt like I could never get back in control. On Wednesday, I will admit I had a total meltdown. The next thing I knew, Suzi was booking Thomas and I for a vacation to Hawaii. She told me a week on the beach away from everything may just be the break I needed. I laughed and told her there was no way that Thomas and I could both take off the following week from work, Hayden and life. Well, by 8:15am on Thursday morning, both Thomas and I had the following week scheduled off of work. Suzi figured out the plane tickets, hotel and had our entire vacation planned and handed us the itinerary on Thursday night. We were scheduled to leave early Monday morning and come back on Sunday morning.

I cannot express my gratitude and thanks. The sheer generosity of Suzi being willing to plan, pay for and book us a trip was beyond any gratitude I can express.

She was right, a week on the beach relaxing did do wonders for me. And, since I have been back, I am amazed at the clarity and the answers that the Lord has lead me to. Hopefully, I am now on the right hormone dosages and medications and we can get past this.

During my quiet, reflective time on the beach, I was able to see the Lord's hand in my life. That he hasn't been far from me and most importantly that he does love me. He heard and answered all of my prayers. I cannot express adequately my gratitude for the wonderful people in my life. I am very blessed.
Thanks, Suzi! It was a trip of a lifetime and one that will always be remembered and cherished. Not just for the time I had with Thomas but for the love and generosity that went into this trip.

2 comments:

Connie said...

How wonderful!!!

Erin said...

What a fabulous gift from Suzi. I hope you continue to feel better. xoxo