Saturday, March 26, 2011

My fun aunts

I absolutely love my dad's sisters. They are the happiest, smiliest, fun ladies to be around. I sure wish they lived closer. As long as I can remember, we have referred to Aunt Faye and Aunt Carolyn, never as Faye and John or Carolyn and Buddy. My two aunts are always together and have so much fun. Their relationship reminds me so much of me and Jodi. They take every chance they get to be together.

I don't think I have ever seen either of them without smiles. They laugh, they enjoy life, they just spread sunshine and happiness wherever they go. They are positive and have the best outlook on life. They are so much fun to be around. They inspire me to look at all the good, wonderful things that life has to offer.
After the Simonton get-together last night, I had the wonderful opportunity to drive them to my Uncle's house. We talked, laughed and just chatted the entire way there. They sincerely asked how I was doing and what was going on. I was so touched by their gentleness and care for me. As I talked of some things I was doing, they told me stories of my mom and how talking to me, reminded them of talking with my mom. That I have the same ideals that I can change the world, one person at a time and make a difference. They said that my mom didn't know if she was having influence over people when she took them into her home, tried to be an example and tried to make a difference, but she did and eventually I will see it, too.

I am so grateful for those precious moments and to these two wonderful, incredible women that I adore. After spending time with them, I am more determined to spread smiles. I know what a gift their true laughter and smiles are to me.

No comments: