Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oahu

We had such a great time and stayed at an amazing place the Ilihani Resort in Ko Olina. It was beautiful and we had a breathtaking view overlooking the pool and the ocean. There was a recliner on the porch with a breeze and I loved every minute of it!
The grounds were beautiful, peaceful and so relaxing. It was so nice to just spend time with Thomas and talk and relax.
We took long drives all around the island. We visited Waikiki, Pearl Harbor, many beaches and saw some of the most beautiful spots on the island. I decided my personal favorite was the north shore. I loved the sea turtle preserve and thought Thomas could live there permanently. It was beautiful and serene. I loved the little shops and the simplicity of all the little towns.
Thomas was in awe of the sea turtles. He was meant to live by the ocean and absolutely loves being in the water. I think he went snorkeling almost everyday, while I preferred to lay on the beach with a book. My favorite was definitely listening to the waves breaking as they hit the shore. To me, that is the ultimate sound of relaxation.
Good thing that this was suggested as the number one place to eat on the island or I would have NEVER stopped. They were right and Giovanni's definitely had the best shrimp and fresh cut pineapple. Yummy!
Thomas is always up for an adventure and we loved driving the island and stopping at random places and making sure that we hit almost every beach. It was a fabulous week!

2 comments:

Jill said...

We just did this same trip right after Christmas! It was so fun with the kids. We even stopped at that same shrimp place and signed the van! Too funny. Glad you had a great time.

Katie said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like you guys had a blast! So fun! :)