Saturday, March 19, 2011

Talmage


Thursday night, we were all over at Suzi's house. I was picking up Hayden, Katie was picking up Chase, Jodi stopped by with her kiddos to drop off St. Patrick's day treats.... All of the kids were wanting to play. Brigham was wanting Aunt Jer time, Brooklyn was wanting Suzi, Talmage always wants Thomas. After playing "shuffle the kids", Suzi ended up with Hayden, Brooklyn and Brigham and Thomas and I ended up with Talmage.

Suzi took the kids off to play and we brought Talmage back to our house. I can't even begin to express how much fun we had. Thomas and I just stopped what we were doing and spent the entire night on the hammock chairs just talking and listening to music. Talmage absolutely LOVED it and just chilled and sat on the swings with us. The weather was perfect! It caused us to just stop, relax and enjoy the weather and our time together.

We decided... we are going to LOVE being grandparents...spoil them and send them home. We already do this with Jodi's kiddos and love it. We need to slow down more. It didn't matter that things didn't get crossed off of our "to do" list. We so enjoyed just talking and being together. I am thinking we need more Talmage days to just cuddle and relax.

Plus, Hayden had a GREAT time with Aunt Suzi and his cousins. Jodi is all for another one of these nights where she just gets a couple of hours to herself. I am ready to schedule another one... who can convince Suzi?

3 comments:

Connie said...

Ahhhhh...cute, cute pic! I too am working on slowing down...it's such a great concept :)

Jodi Davis said...

I still don't quite know how that went down, but sign me up anytime! You are all the best for keeping my kids and for spoiling them. Thanks again!

Suzi said...

I will do it anytime! It was a lot of fun!