Sunday, March 6, 2011

Polynesian Cultural Center

We absolutely LOVED Polynesian Cultural Center. When we got there they quickly switched us groups and we were delighted to have a Korean tour guide. He was a funny guy and so fun to be able to talk to him about Korea.
We visited most of the lands, made fish out of leaves, LOVED the Tonga drummers, and were in awe of the Samoan tree climbers.
We absolutely loved the people in our group, especially the Chavez family from Alaska. We made great friends with them and they were so funny that they kept us laughing the entire day! My Korean buddy is in the back by Thomas.
We laughed so hard while learning to do the hula.
I still can't believe how much fun we had.

This Samoan guy was hilarious and was so great with fire. I was in awe.
The day was amazing. I have never before seen such an amazing performance as they did of "Ha, the breath of Life". It was a beautiful play and representation of life, why we are here and how those that have gone on before us, help us out on this life, especially when we feel we can no longer go on. I felt the Spirit so strongly during this play. I received a witness that those that have gone before us, including my mom, still do have such an impact on our lives here. When we feel that we are at the end of our rope that they are allowed to help us keep going. I believe that and I felt as if the Lord were telling me that I am not alone. Such a tender mercy when I needed it.

And, all day I kept having feelings that I knew this Korea guy but couldn't figure it out. That night, I was able to place him. Yes, he would have been 4 years old when I was in Korea, but oh how I remember that little boy climbing on my lap and teaching him, his sister and his mother about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was blessed to remember the sweet Spirit that I felt when I showed him a picture of Christ and the tender testimony of his sweet mother.

*I never knew if she joined the church, as I was transferred after she took the 5th discussion. She ended up moving to Pusan and I have thought about her but didn't know the outcome. What a tender mercy from my Savior to let me see a glimpse into what little part I had in helping this boy. He was a student at BYU Hawaii and is getting ready to turn his papers in for a mission.

The Lord, in a way only I would have recognized that day, let me know that He IS a part of my life. He is in control and I don't have to have all the answers, always know what to do or how to help people. All that I have to do is be where he needs me, when he needs me. He has always and will continue to take care of all the details. I am thankful for the wonderful witness and his carefully orchestrated plan so that I could be reassured that my Savior is in control and he does love me and watches out for me.

1 comment:

Pallets and Pearls said...

What a fun trip!! That was so nice of Suzie to do that. What a great friend! I'm glad you had a great relaxing week.

And that was super fun at the park with you. I'm glad Zack was happy for you after I remembered to feed him :)

Let's do it again soon for sure!