Sunday, June 24, 2012

Father's Day at Church

After our fun morning celebrations with Thomas, we got ready and headed out to church. Not only was it a great Father's day for talks on Father's, but Grandma Julie was one of the speakers. What a special day for her to talk. I cannot express the feelings I have seeing her at the pulpit speaking, teaching truths and bearing testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a remarkable feeling that after 25 years of trying to be an example and talk to her about the gospel, that she embraced it and is receiving the blessings of the true and everlasting gospel. What a feeling. Brother Epps also accomplished the impossible, and was able to convince me to give the closing prayer in sacrament meeting. Why in the world that I am terrified of praying in sacrament meeting is beyond me. Anywhere else, fine. For some reason, I am not a big fan of walking up the aisle and trying to express my feelings after my heart has been uplifted during a spiritual sacrament meeting. But, I can say that I did it and I am becoming more and more comfortable at the pulpit.
Hayden about hates his picture being taken, but will humor us sometimes. However, put a camera in that boy's hand and he could shoot pictures all day. I think he has spent a lot of time with Aunt Jodi and Grandma Julie on that skill.
And, I must say that I LOVE my fun new dress that Thomas bought me for Father's Day. I certainly scored. What husband takes their wife dress shopping for their Father's Day Celebration. (He said that he was so lucky I married him so that he could be where he is at today). Amazing guy I'm telling you. But, I definitely love it and love what it symbolizes to me.
What a great day filled with love, caring, an a perfect opportunity to express our love one to another. It was a beautiful Sunday!

2 comments:

Jodi Davis said...

Cute pictures! LOVE the dress!!!

Linny Lou said...

Jer, you look gorgeous!!! :)