Thursday, June 14, 2012

Games

Is it possible to get a bunch of Simonton's together and not to play games? I really don't think so. That is what we do... we play games together. It doesn't matter what... card games, Farkle, dice, scrabble, loaded questions, we love them all, we just have the need to play games together.

I think playing games stems back to our childhood. I appreciate so much more now the gift my dad gave us in playing games with us. He would come home from work, we would eat dinner and we would play games. A majority of my life was spent playing games as a family. My dad bought me my first game, Monopoly, for my 2nd birthday. We played games as a family ever since.

No family vacation is complete without the Simonton clan pulling out games. Our love is now passing on to the next generation of Simonton's. I love seeing them develop the strategies and wanting to beat all of the adults. Good times. Good times.
I love that Jake loves his sisters. He always puts his arms around me and Jodi and says, "I love my sisters." He is a great brother and would do anything for me and Jodi. We are lucky to have him in our lives.
Dad and Bonnie even were up for playing games this trip. It was great for the grandkids to get to spend time with them!
We played a new fun game of speed scrabble. So much fun! Two people would start competing and all of a sudden half of the group was split into two teams competing and helping each other out. This hand ended up me, Jodi and Jake vs. Steph and her boys. We won, but barely! Jodi, Jake and I made a terrific team, if we were playing together we were unbeatable!

No comments: