Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Dad

To celebrate Father's Day for my dad, Josh, Jake, Rosie, Jodi, Troy, Suzi, Thomas and I took Bonnie and my Dad to dinner at a dive of a bbq restaurant, but one my dad loves. It is sitting on picnic benches, checkered table cloths and plastic forks, but the bbq is delicious and yummy.

We had fun sitting and talking sans children. It was a nice little break from the every day. It is rare lately that we all get together. Everyone has become so busy. We need to take more breaks.

Hayden brought Grandpa over a similar gift basket to the one we made Thomas, except did, "My Grand POP rocks" and filled it will all kinds of Grandpa's favorite treats. Hayden and Grandpa both share a love of Swedish fish and Cheetos. Every time Hayden sees a box of Swedish fish, we must get a box for Grandpa. And, we ALWAYS set off to the beach or any vacation with Grandpa with a big bag for them to share.

Working with my dad, I see him every day in a different light. It is good to get away sometimes and just be family, not working.

Thomas and I decided to extend the night a little by hitting ice cream on the way home. I do cherish any alone moments that I can sneak in with Thomas. He makes me laugh... what is better to share a couple of laughs with than ice cream... so glad my best buddy loves ice cream as much as I do.

1 comment:

Linny Lou said...

Sounds like a fabulous evening!!! :) Love you Jer!