Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day

I know Father's Day was a couple of days ago. I just was able to sit down to write out some of my thoughts. As I look back over the past year to last Father's Day, I am in awe of how much more in love with Thomas I am today and how much more grateful I am for him.

I could write for days about all the loving and kind ways that Thomas treats me but will keep this concise.

Thomas is the best father ever. Hands down. There is no one that could be a better father to Hayden. He plays with Hayden, he talks with him, they go on adventures together, they have so much fun together. Thomas disciplines, with love. He doesn't impose harsh punishments or use unkind words to get Hayden to behave. He takes the time to sit down, turn off the tv, pull Hayden close, and he talks with Hayden. He uses examples, he utilizes the scriptures, he explains, he guides, he teaches and he loves. Hayden walks away with more understanding, more knowledge, a vow to try harder and be better. I am so grateful for Thomas and the gentle and kind ways that he teaches Hayden and helps Hayden to become a better person. Words cannot express my gratitude that he chooses to lovingly teach and redirect rather than harshly punish or discipline.

Thomas apologizes. He acknowledges if he does anything that would offend, hurt, damage a relationship or even if something comes across wrong. He quickly corrects his mistake, truly asks for forgiveness and tries to be better. Because of this, Hayden is becoming this way. Apologizing is easy, it is natural and part of the daily process of repenting and becoming better. So grateful for a husband that teaches this principal and exemplifies our Father's love.

Thomas is quick to kneel, quick to ask the Lord for guidance, the first one to turn to the scriptures for an answer, and immediately consults with his Father in Heaven on important matters. He utilizes the priesthood power and fully understands the sacredness and power that comes from righteously calling down the powers of heaven. Likewise, Hayden's first response to a problem is to pray about it or receive a priesthood blessing for extra comfort and guidance.

Thomas constantly loves. Constantly serves. Constantly hugs. Says I love you numerous times a day. He tells us he loves us, he shows us he loves us, he serves us, he hugs us, he prays for us, he spends time doing what we love, he does all the little things to show us he truly cares.

I am so thankful for the wonderful ways that Thomas is teaching Hayden how to treat women, his future wife, his future children, how to develop an incredible relationship with our Savior and how to love and live.

Happy Father's Day to the most incredible man I have ever known. I don't know how I was so lucky to get to be his wife. But, I do think that me and Hayden are the two luckiest people on this earth.

No comments: