Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Favorite things

These are a few of my favorite things....

My canvas that Thomas bought me for Valentine's Day with a beautiful card on how we have really come to trust one another and God. It sits by my tv. I look at it daily. I think of it often. I believe this with all of my heart. I have come to really know that my Father in Heaven loves me, He takes care of me and is so very gentle with me. This gentle reminder each day is a blessing. It helps me to hold on and feel God's love. 
Another one of my favorite things is this little metal bird. He is a reminder that nothing can hold me down. Nothing can keep me from flying. I can dream. I can reach great heights. And I was born to soar. When I feel my wings are clipped and I have a broken wing, I hold this bird. I remember that injured birds take time to heal. They must be nurtured. They must be cared for. But they heal. 

My broken wings, like this little bird will heal and someday I will again soar. 

It is funny how little things can bring understanding and hope and peace and love. But these gentle reminders do just that...they remind me that I am not alone and I was born to soar. 

No comments: