Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Simonton's and celebrations.

Jake and Rosie invited us over to their house for BBQ and some waffle love and to watch the Gilbert temple cultural celebration with the kids. 

I loved listening to Hayden, Kaylee and Katelyn talk and share stories. They each had different miracles, tender mercies, takes on events and their own testimony strengthened and aimed. 

Of course, the BBQ was delicious. And they made the absolute best waffles that were honestly better than waffle luv or waffle crush. They were delicious. Waffles with bananas. Strawberries. Ice cream. Whipped cream. Hot fudge. Yum! 

We sat at the table and talked. Kaylee asked stories about Grandma Sue. She wanted to know about her ancestors. She wants to come spend time with me learning more. I can't wait. 

Most of all, I loved watching the celebration with. Hayden and the girls. It was amazing seeing their transformations. They all had experiences that touched them. They all talked about how much strength and courage and help they had to keep performing and being in the rain. 

I encouraged them. Again told them that they are strong. They are valiant. They are some of the Savior's choicest spirits. 

I told them how even in the storms of life, howling winds, down pouring rain, soaking cold and beating storms, they are strong. The Lord will use them. He will be with them in the storms. They need to find the Savior in the storms, as well as being grateful in the days of Sunshine. The Savior will stand with them regardless of the weather. 

I know that each of these sweet children felt their Savior's love. I'm so grateful. They need to know that they are the modern day heroes. They can stand strong like Captain Moroni, Joshua, shadrack, Meeshak, abindigo and others. They can fly their flags high knowing their God will always be with them and never forsake them. 

I testified that if we look, we will always see The Lord in our lives. Whether the suns shine bright or the clouds are dark and dim and filled with rain or howling winds, he will always be with them. 

They felt it. They learned it first hand. They are the chosen generation. They are the ones who will rush in the return of our Savior. They will face fierce storms. The wars will rage. There will be scary and soaking moments. The storms will rage in their lives. They will have to step up and fight the advesary head on. 
 
I am grateful that this celebration allowed them to see the storms for what they are.... An opportunity to walk with the Savior. An opportunity to know that the storms cannot get them down. They are more fierce and stronger than any howling winds, down pouring rain and storms of life. The Savior is on their side and He always wins. 

The outcome is already determined! We know who wins. The Savior, his goodness and mercy, his strength will always win. The ONLY question left undecided is where will we stand? In the end, where will we be standing? On the winning team with the Savior? The battle lines are drawn. Good will always win. Will we face the storms, stand up tall in the storms of life and continue to be strong? 

I will. I pray my sweet son will. And I will pray my sweet nieces and nephews will. 

Together, the storms may rage and howl, but we can have true peace inside. Peace from the Savior. And with his strength added unto us. There is no battle too strong, no wind so fierce, no war too great that good will always triumph and our dear Savior will be victorious. 

I vow to stand with my Savior? Who stands with me? 

No comments: