Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Gilbert Temple dedication

Being in the House of The Lord is a sacred and beautiful event. 

Being able to attend the dedication of the Gilbert Temple was a sacred and heart warming event. 

I love our dear Prophet. I love his counselors. I know these men are called of God. They have divine priesthood powers from our Savior. They hold the keys to seal on earth. They walk uprightly before The Lord. They love The Lord. They radiate his love. 

Early March 3, 2014, we were able to attend the sacred dedication of the Gilbert Temple and see the cornerstone celebration. 

I loved the tenderness of our dear prophet. As he walked in, I could feel his sweet and strong spirit. He carried the Spirit of the Holy Ghost with him. As he dedicated the temple, I felt such love. Such peace. Such hope much a promise of eternity. I love the temple. 

I love the sacredness. I love the peace. I love that I have a place to go to escape the world and just be filled with peace and love and harmony. 

I love that it is God's house. And within those sacred walls I am taught how to live. How to return home to my Heavenly Father. And how to conduct myself here on this earth. I am instructed not only by the words and promises given but by inspiration and the Holy Ghost and angels that attend. 

I feel closer to heaven. I feel closer to my mom. I feel closer to my ancestors. And I feel closer to my Savior when I am in those sacred walls. 

As we participated, I was again filled with a sweet testimony that the gospel is true. It is God's true church, with the teachings of Jesus. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to earth. God continues to guide us and teach us. He calls prophets today, just as he did in the Old Testament. I love  our beloved prophet, President Monson, just as those beloved followers of Christ have loved the prophets throughout time. I can only imagine how the children of Abraham felt. Or what about hose that followed Moses. What would have it been like to listen to King Mosiah or be taught by Noah? I wonder if those people were filled with awe when Isaiah spoke. I wonder if their eyes were filled with awe when Joshua spoke, and Jacob taught, as I am when our beloved prophet today addresses us. 

I am sure the feelings were similar. I am sure those in the prophets presence felt humbled to be there. 

I thought of Joseph Smith and him dedicating the Nauvoo Temple that I love. I thought of Brigham Young and how it must have felt to walk with him across the plains. What would have it been like when President Lorenzo Snow talked of tithing and faith and rain? What about when President Kimball taught us to get to work and just do it or President David O. McKay, his smile and how he loved. 

I remember President Hinckley and his infectious smile. How he loved us. How he helped us to see the sunshine in the storms, his positive attitude. I loved the tenderness of President Kimball and how I felt as if he was speaking to me each time I heard his words. I remember the testimony of President Benson. How he blessed my own dear mother. I remember his words on missionary work. I remember the faith of President Harold B. Lee. And now, to be able to hear our modern day Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, convey our Savior's love, to teach us where to turn to find peace and hope in today's crazy world, and to witness his everlasting love for this beloved Gilbert Temple, was such a gift and blessing. 

I know that The Lord calls prophets today to guide us, just as he always has. He calls them to warn us of danger, to help us know what we should be doing today to prepare for the second coming of our dear Savior. He gives us temples so we will have a clearer understanding of the Plan of Salvation or the great plan of happiness. The temples today, just as they did in the times of Solomon and other, provide a greater understanding of God's way. They way he wants his people to live. How to treat others and how to prepare ourselves to live again in God and our Savior's presence. 

As I see these precious pictures of my beloved prophet entering God's sacred temple, I feel my Savior's love for me. He has provided me so much help and learning so I can know what choices I need to make to return to him.  I'm so grateful for my blessings. For modern day prophets, for a precious temple so close to my home and my Savior's love that always reminds me he is near. 

No comments: