Wednesday, March 12, 2014

President Monson

Love love love this. 

It is my goal. I strive each and every day to achieve this. 

Storms rage. The world can be a scary place. I want our home to be one of peace and safety and security where love abounds and the Spirit can be found. A place where love exists. A love between family and friends. Complete trust in the Savior. Our own little sanctuary. Our own little slice if Heaven. It is a work in progress. But we are trying. Each day. Each moment. To try to bring our lives in harmony with our Savior. 

I love that our dear prophet leads and guides us and teaches us. I love that the storms should be stopped at the door. That peace should conquer the storm within our sacred walls. 

I have not been able to attend the temple since I have been sick. It breaks my heart and something I long to be able to do again. So my goal each day is to have the Spirit be felt so strongly in our home that it will be our own temple. Our own worshipping place. Our place where we seek the Spirit. Our sanctuary from the trials and tribulations of the world. Our place or peace where we can seek the Savior's will for our lives, study his words, and receive the much needed inspiration to guide and direct our lives. 

One of my greatest wishes and truest desires is that our home be a place where the Spirit of our Heavenly Father can dwell. Where family and friends and loved ones can come to find refuge from the storms. That it may be a place where all who come within may partake of our Savior's love. That our home be a place where Heaven and earth can meet. Where order and cleanliness and spotless ness from the world exists. Where the Savior can send his Spirit, his angels to protect us, guide us, teach us, bring us peace and be able to wrap us in the arms of his love. 

We are far from this goal but draw closer each day as we learn to trust him. As we learn to be more obedient. As we draw closer to him in prayer. And really listen and seek his council through the scriptures. 

I will always long for the temple. As I have always found refuge within those sacred walls. But I am learning that with effort, and the dear Savior's help, our homes can be a slice of Heaven on earth and a refuge from the storms of life. 

No comments: