Friday, March 21, 2014

Maya and the bee

My little Maya Belle. She is a character and a half. Wow O Wowzeers is she crazy and full of it. 

She is a collector. She collects and finds everything. And everything she finds gets chewed. Everything. She always brings me "presents". 

She pulls and gathers weeds. Brings me rocks. Bugs. Crayons. Legos. Trash. Anything and everything she can find. 

A week ago, she was up in the morning, running, jumping, terrorizing the house and Max. 

About 10 am, she calmed a took a nap. When she awoke, something wasn't right. I looked at her and next to her was a partial bee. Great. I called the vet. They told me to watch for blood, vomiting and diarrhea. He vomited. I called the vet. They said just hold her and wait. I did. But panicked and called Thomas. He said if anything else happens take her in. 

Hayden followed her to the bathroom outside. All of a sudden, I hear Hayden screaming, Mom!!! Bloody diarrhea. Then she started shaking all over. Hard. Almost convulsions. 

The vet said to being her in in about an hour and we would be worked in. 

Hmmm. I cannot drive. I can't be out in public. Luckily Julie was over. Thomas had to leave work an hour early to meet us at the vet. 

They were sure it was. Parvo and we were devastated at the possibility of losing her and  Max. 

I was so scared. So heartbroken. Nurses began taking care of her and running tests. Thank heavens for the well puppy plan with all included visits. One by one tests came back. Parvovirus negative. And so on. After a shot of Benadryl to relieve the allergic reaction to the bee and  shot to stop her stomach convulsions, 3 hours and almost $100 later, Thomas and sick little Maya were on their way home. 

She shook. She cuddled. She didn't move at all. 

Max stayed up with her. He rested his head by her. He even let. Maya lie her head in him. So sweet. So tender. The love between them is amazing. 

I realized in those moments how attached I have gotten to her. How much. I love her. How much I needed these little pups in my life. 

They bring joy to a whole new level. We love them. The next day, Maya was back up to her shenanigans. Hyper. Running. Prancing. And full of it. We all smiled. We love our little fur ball, or bundle of joy and the love they have brought to our hearts. 

No comments: