Friday, March 21, 2014

My sweet sister

Five days after Jodi moved to Glendale, I received a phone call from my sister. Sad. Stressed out. 

She needed me. 

She drove out. We only were able to spend a few short hours together. But. It was what both of us needed. I needed to know if there was a problem, she could come. And she needed to know that I was available when/if she needed me. 

It touched my heart like no other thing. 

I have needed Jodi so much. This entire move, I kept thinking that what would I do without Jodi. I needed her so much. She is my treasured sister that I love and adore. 

That morning, when Jodi cried and said she needed me, I was so touched. So relieved. So thrilled. No. I don't want her to be sad. Ever. But to be needed. Wanted. Cherished. Oh. Oh that was exactly what my broken little heart needed. I needed to know that Jodi wouldn't just come if I needed her,but there would be times when she came because she needs me. 

Sisters... Precious. But mine.... She is the absolute best! I love her with all of my heart. 

No comments: