Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Cruisin' at Sea

As we set sail on the amazing ship, we knew the possibilities of things to do were endless. I was thrilled when Jodi and I found chairs and stools, in the shade, with the wind blowing a cool breeze. We sat and talked and just enjoyed time together. I have been blessed with the world's greatest sister. She is simply amazing. She has been one of most cherished blessings since the day she was born. I love just spending time with Jodi. Anywhere, anytime, anyplace, I take every chance I get to spend time with her.
The boys all hung in the hot tub. I laugh that they all ate ice cream cones the entire time they were in there. Talmage won the contest for eating the most cones. He had 19 at one time, while in the hot tub. After about 10 ice cream cones, the older cousins were all cheering him on. When Talmage was asked why he ate so many, he replied, "Cause they are Fffrrrrreeeeee! Why not?" Crazy boy.

Hayden, Thomas, Troy, Talmage, Coby, Braden, Kaylee, Brinley and others all spent tons of time in the hot tub on our first sea day.
Poor Coby... the teen club was ages 12-17 - that took in Austin (17), Kaylee (16), Casen (15), Katelyn (15), Hayden (14), Braden (13), Kiley (13), Bryson (12), Brooklyn (12).

Coby at 11, just missed the cut off. They wouldn't let him in. Worse yet, the next group was all in the 9 year old group. (Brigham, Brinley and Tanner are all 9 years old). And Talmage (6) was in the youngest group. With Ashlyn (1) not headed to any kid clubs.

So Coby hung with all of us some. Hayden and Coby are such great friends that if something wasn't going on wonderful in the teen club, then Hayden would find Coby. I love spending time with this sweet nephew of mine. I love all my nieces and nephews. And I would say they are all equal. But there are some that love me more and want to be with me more and hold a very tender place in my heart. Coby is one of these. He has always loved Aunt Jer and always ran to hug me, as soon as they came for a visit. I loved the moments he just wanted to be with me and Thomas or would come to our room and talk to us. This kid is going places in life. He was born to be on stage and is as funny as they come.
Little Miss Ashlyn was a riot. Oh how we all soak up every minute we can of her. She had all of us taking her on the carousel. Grandpa had tons of fun with her, too.
Coby was always up for anything fun and that would make anyone laugh. Love his live out loud personality.
Hayden, Bryson and Brooklyn at Johnny Rockets getting yummy milkshakes.
We did love the shows. I will admit, I missed most of them because I was in bed. But we did catch Mamma Mia and it did not disappoint. I loved every single moment of it. Absolutely incredible. I am still singing the songs from the musical.
Hayden and Talmage... and although Hayden spent a majority of his time with his teenage cousins, he has such a soft spot in his heart for Talmage, that Tman could get him to do almost anything. That Talmage smile is so powerful. It mesmerizes all of us. He definitely can get anything he wants out of me, Thomas and Hayden.
Our family. I love how my guys stand on each side of me and protect me. I seriously hit the jackpot with these two.
Grandpa and Grandma wanted hugs with Hayden. He wasn't so sure. And he didn't know what to do when Grandma Bonnie leaned down and kissed him. In true boy fashion, he immediately wiped it off, causing for more hugs and kisses. I love all those smiles.
Hayden idolizes his Grandpa. He loves time spent with him. He was so grateful for the cruise and time with family. Hayden, being an only child, cherishes family time, time with grandparents, time with cousins and time when we are all together. This trip was simply magical for all. The smile stretched from ear to ear on Hayden's face says it all.... it was magical and perfect.
I love my sister and her sweet family. I have a deep respect from Troy. He is so good to all of us. He loves Jodi with all his heart. He is a great dad. I think my sister is simply the best. Best sister. Best mom. Best at giving and charity and all she does. She has a magic touch. Brooklyn is my girl. I always tell her I didn't get one, so she has to be mine, too. She is hard-working and responsible and helpful and loving. Simply love her. Brigham is gentle and quieter. He is so different deep inside than he portrays on the outside. He is another that melts my heart. When he sits and talks to me, I soak in every moment. And Talmage, well, he has my heart. He has made me feel important and needed and wanted and loved. My sickness was a benefit to him. He says I always have time for him. Always time for movies and cuddles. He is joy all wrapped in a tiny and explosive package. So grateful for the gift of each of them in my life. 

No comments: