Saturday, March 26, 2016

Getting Ready to Set Sail

The journey to Fort Lauderdale was filled with anticipation and happy voices and anticipating what the cruise ship would be like. The cousins talked of past vacations and hoped this one would exceed all of their hopes and dreams. The excitement grew to again be reunited with JD, Cassie and their gang along with Grandpa and Grandma Simonton.

It had been a very long plane ride with a lay over in Houston. By the time we got to the hotel in Fort Lauderdale, I absolutely crashed. What a blessing that I slept sound all night long. Something I hadn't done in a long time. I took a deep exhilarating breath and realized that I would surely find some relief and deep protection and the gift of a break from my illness. After all, I actually awoke feeling more alive than I had in a long time.

Hayden was giddy with excitement and couldn't wait to go down to breakfast certain that the other cousins would be waiting. We laughed at how much he loves and adores all of them from Dallin down to Ashlyn. He is a happy kid when he is around his cousins.
As we all boarded our first Uber's and headed for the cruise ship terminal, it was loud and fun. Smiles stretched across every face and the anticipation was so thick the kids were absolutely bouncing.
I love the chance I get to reconnect not only with my siblings and sweet nieces and nephews but also my sweet sister in laws that I love. Rosie was a doll and colored and cut my hair before the trip to make sure I felt my best.

The rest of the gang was entertained by Talmage and his antics. The older kids all think he is the absolute funniest kid alive and he eats up all the attention. The first half of us arrived much quicker than the second group. Although we laughed that how kids and adults piled in the cars, that not one family could board the cruise ship as everyone was missing people. Hayden had stayed behind with Troy and Brigham and Josh was back with Brinley and Kiley.

My heart swelled. I knew in minutes the Simonton clan would all be reunited and ready for some fun. We were only missing our sweet missionary, Dallin. As we entered the terminal, joy surrounded my heart. Whatever took place was worth it, because this feeling, this reassurance, and this love could only come from one source, my Savior. All was well and he was telling me to get on that ship.

No comments: