Monday, March 28, 2016

Jamaica

We are in Jamaica, man! 
It's no problem!
No worry man!
Everything will be okay!

We found a large van that fit all 25 of us, plus three wheelchairs, a huge stroller and car seat. (Dad and Bonnie opted out but later regretted it.) the bus was a little cozy but when only filled with family, coziness and family closeness are great. I love all those cousins and the huge smiles. Seeing my boy surrounded by cousins brings so much joy to me and my heart.

And the picture below captures all of us siblings and spouses. Oh the fun we had! The big group wanted to go to the beach. We were out. With sun shining and temps in low 80's, I didn't dare get dropped off at the beach for several hours. So we negotiated with the bus driver to drop off the majority at the beach while taking us on an air-conditioned bus tour of real Jamaica.
Above, a very windy Jamaican day. Jodi and her sweet kids. And then, below, a picture with me, Hayden and my "bonus" kids aka Jodi's little ones.
I love this picture of Katelyn and Hayden. They are becoming and have been, the best of friends. I laugh as they talk guys and girls, school, video games, iPhone apps, and all things teenagers. I love the advice Hayden gives Katelyn and laugh so hard. Such cuties.
Me and Thomas-ready for an adventure
After we dropped off the beach gang, we settled in for a tour of Jamaica. Our bus driver took us to an off beaten path Jamaican eatery. There was a huge barbecue with jerk chicken, jerk pork, frittata and French fries. Delicious food. 

He took us to little shops and helped negotiate the price of souvenirs. 

I loved the plantation that overlooked all of Jamaica followed by visiting a school and seeing the kids study under the huge banana trees, swaying in the wind and driving thru the large farmers market.
Delicious food. Yum. Yum. 
The view from the plantation was simply breathtaking. 
Loved the gorgeousness of it all. My heart filled with joy at the sheer beauty of the earth. 
I sat under a huge Banana tree, the wind softly blowing, looking at the ocean embracing the shores of Jamaica and was in awe of the beauty. I could have stayed there forever. It was nice and cool in the mountain and joy filled my heart. 
Hayden laughed and talked and made friends with the huge dogs there, ate some authentic Jamaican food, was in awe of the two story humongous KFC, he fell in love with the people and the country. 

Hayden asked the bus drivers about the missionaries and volunteers. The guy spoke of different projects taken on by volunteers from the us. Hayden came up with a brilliant plan to do his Eagle project in Jamaica. He and the guy talked forever about what he could do, how he could help and how much the Jamaica people loved the volunteers. 

After going thru the farmers market and people just giving the bus driver food to give us, Hayden was sure that this is where he really wants to serve a mission. He simply loved everything Jamaican. I could see Hayden serving there. He would do an amazing job loving anyone and everyone. He was thrilled. 

After our adventures, I was exhausted. I went to the back long seat in the bus, laid directly under the ac vent and took me a little siesta. I asked the driver and he said, "it's no problem man". So Hayden and Thomas explored more, talked more and had more adventures. For me, it was the perfect ending to a couple hours on the bus. I caught up on sleep. And found more gratitude taking a refreshing nap. 

Jamaica... We will definitely be back. You were one special place. One of my favorite places I have seen or visited. The feeling in the air was one of love and hope and joy. That is my kind of place. Living on an island may simply be an incredible plan. I wonder how their healthcare is??? Move to Jamaica??? No problem, man! No worries. No fears. I think I could move here.

No comments: