Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Merry Christmas 2015

Merry Christmas 2015! Oh how I love this magical time of year. I love the peace that comes when I listen to Christmas carols and hear the sweet selfless acts of goodwill and remember the birth of our dear Savior.

2015 has brought many miracles into our lives, we experienced challenges and triumphs and experienced much joy. Most of all, we have grown closer to our Savior as a family as we have turned to him through our trials and extraordinary moments. We have been blessed to see his loving guidance and hands in our lives each and every day. Our greatest joys have come from recognizing the tender mercies that he sends and watch how he can open doors and windows in our lives that we never thought possible. 

Our year started with some incredible once in a lifetime vacations. My Dad, Jake, Jodi, Troy, Thomas and I were able to go see JD and Cassie and their sweet family in Minnesota. We loved being apart of Tanner's baptism, Ashlyn's baby blessing and see JD put in the bishopric of the singles ward. We cherished being together in JD's home and visiting with them. We miss them dearly since they live so far away. And my sweet little niece, Ashlyn is a sweetheart. Oh how I loved cuddling with a newborn. 

Soon after we came back from this vacation, Suzi had given our family a trip of a lifetime to the Western Caribbean. Our highlight was swimming with dolphins in Honduras. Thomas' dream came true by snorkeling in the beautiful coral reefs of Belize. Hayden loved the hammocks on the sandy beach after swimming with sting rays in Cozumel. Another highlight was visiting the Mayan ruins in Monterrey Mexico. It was an adventure trying to navigate the old trials in a wheelchair but the moments were simply priceless. My favorite was simply being together. I loved laying in the room and watching the waves rock us to sleep. I cherished watching Hayden explore the ship with new friends. I am so grateful for the gift Suzi gave us to make cherished memories to hold onto tightly. 

Our annual highlight is also the incredible couple of weeks we get to spend in Oceanside with the entire Simonton group. We love being in the perfect ocean weather, sitting on the beach watching the cousins all interact and play together while the adults sit and talk. I love talking with each of my nieces and nephews and seeing Hayden connect with so many loved ones. I love the unity and strong bonds that are formed. Hayden's highlight was being able to go on the teenage night out to Ruby's and hanging with no adults. I sure do love my family and cherish each and every moment laughing and talking with them. 

Thomas continues to work for CBIZ. He is in his ninth year and they love him more than ever. He is such a hard worker and gives his all to whatever he does. His kindness and willingness to help others makes him an outstanding employee. He is constantly being recognized by his boss for his willingness to go above and beyond. He enjoys being the ward membership clerk at church and stays busy with all the new move ins with us being he fastest growing ward in Queen Creek.  Most of all, Thomas spends his time loving and serving Hayden and me. He works hard, comes home and grocery shops, cleans, runs errands and makes dinner. I am the absolutely the luckiest to be married to him. He brings me breakfast in bed every single day! He loves spending time with Hayden and their favorite past times are playing video games, watching Flash and Shield, and playing with our sweet dogs, Max and Maya. 

Hayden is growing up way too fast. He just turned 14 years old and has grown over 4 inches in the past 4 months. He is being home schooled and has learned more facts and is constantly watching documentaries and then spending more time researching topics in his own. He loves American History and I think Einstein, Tesla, Edison, Ford and Carnegie are his heroes.  He finishes his classes as fast as he can so he can spend as much time on Java coding as possible. He is hoping for a server class for Christmas to continue his learning more about computer programming. Lucky for Hayden, his homeschooling includes cooking lessons with Grandma Joyce, art lessons and computer classes with Julie. He earned and saved money to build his own computer and is loving all things electronic. He loves to build anything and everything from Lego's to steampunk guns to his own inventions. Most of all, he loves the Savior. He received his patriarchal blessing after finishing reading the scriptures. Hayden is honest, compassionate, caring, generous, thoughtful, spiritual, loving, full of life, really loud, tons of fun, a huge tease, smart, creative, and a complete joy. He is always happy and content no matter what he is doing. 

As for me, life has been a crazy ride. I was blessed to be referred to the greatest neurologist in February and he has put together an amazing team of doctors to help me to better manage and fight this disease. I am grateful for him and his expertise and the entire team. They have helped me to be able to enjoy life more, better manage the symptoms and spend more quality time with those I love. Living with multiple diseases has brought some interesting experiences to our lives. I appreciate the great support group that I have who selflessly takes me to doctor appointments, provides transportation, helps keep our home running, provides meals, and most importantly stop by to visit and keep me connected to the outside world. This is my second year homeschooling Hayden and the joy it brings me in life is indescribable. I enjoy teaching and learning with Hayden but most of all I cherish each gentle moment where we laugh, discuss great gospel truths or play a game together. Spending such precious time with him has been one of my most precious blessings. He has become one of my best friends. I love being a wife and mother, it is my life's dream come true. I have been blessed to spend countless hours gaining a deeper understanding and appreciation for the birth, life, atonement and death of our dear Savior. My testimony has increased exponentially. I have seen my Savior work miracles in our lives. He has walked this journey with me, carried me when the road has been too hard to walk alone and silenced my fears and tears. He has become my dearest friend. 

Our family has grown closer together as we have studied the sacred scriptures and read the words the prophets have spoken. We are grateful for the life and atonement of our dear Savior. We are grateful for the tender mercies he sends to our lives daily from little gestures reminding us we do not walk alone to lifesaving priesthood blessings that allow us to continue to walk this life together. We so thankful for this time of year when we get to remember that it all began with a little baby, born in the humblest of circumstances in a manger. We know our Redeemer lives. We know he loves each of us beyond any love we can comprehend. He stands waiting for us to let him in. Just as the wise men of old followed the star to find the Savior, we too must seek to follow Him. As we have walked the path with our Savior, our burden have become lighter, the path is clearer and our joys have multiplied. 

Our hearts are filled with peace, hope, love and joy this beautiful Christmas season. We are grateful for you, our dear friends. Thank you for being such a beautiful part of our lives. We pray that magic, peace and love will fill your hearts this beautiful Christmas season. 

Merry Christmas! 
Thomas, Jerlyn and Hayden Murphy


No comments: