Monday, June 13, 2016

Battles

My heart was drawn to this truth. And it warmed my heart. And taught truth to my soul.  It comforted me. It strengthens me. It guided me. And it has encouraged me. 

I know when I started this journey over five years ago, I was not this strong. In fact, I cowered at such hard tasks and wanted to give up before I even tried. 

I see that through giving us hard trials. Really hard Nd pushing and stretching and growing trials is how he makes us stronger. He simply does not give us strength. He stretches us and each day requires us to use more and develop more than we had the previous day. In stretching us and growing us we become strong. 

He uses our natural strengths and helps us to overcome weaknesses before making us strong. 

It is in the stretching and pushing and requiring more than our own strength, that we become strong. 

Hard battles are fought by those the Savior believes in. Those that do not have. Strength today, but that the Savior knows through really hard battles and trials can become strong. 

I wouldn't be this strong and tough and resilient and capable of withstanding the adversary had the Savior himself not helped me withstand. He pushed me. He has stretched me. He has remodeled me. He has taken the hard edges off. He has made me who I am. 

I still need more stretching. More growing. More remodeling.  More guidance. More help. 

But I am confident that my Savior will not give up on me.  He will continue us to give me hard battles to overcome. He will continue to love me enough to help me be the best me. 

I'm grateful my Savioe loves me e ought I mold me and change me. I'm grateful he has trusted me with hard battles. Those hard battles have helped me to see my divine potential. It touches the very depths of my soul. 

And if my Savior believes I can fight hard battles, I believe in the me that my Savior sees. And I try every day to become more like her and more like the strong warrior my Savior knows I can be. 

No comments: