Monday, June 13, 2016

Trek

Hayden was so excited to dress up like a pioneer, build and push a had art, listen to campfire stories, learn about the pioneers and going on Trek with the youth from our stake. 

Hayden read scriptures, walked for weeks, hiked, listened to all of conference twice, read about and studied our pioneer ancestors and did all he could to prepare. Most of all he prayed every morning and night for months and was faithful at dialysis scripture study for months ahead of time. He wanted to gain all he could from trek. 

He prepared in every way. We bought clothes, sewed buckets, gathered supplies and mentally and physically prepared for this journey. 

I talked to him about our ancestors. Our family of pioneers. I thought of him and how he prepared and thought of our ancestors. They prayed as if all depended on the Lord and worked as if all depended on them. Hayden did this. 

I am so proud of him and his excitement to go. I know the adventure will go,d a special place in his heart always. 

While gone he learned 1) he has friends that are there for him. They love him. 2) our Savior walks with him always. 3) life is hard whether you cross plains or fight to keep the Lord's will always. 4) life was meant to be filled with trials and tribulations 5) we must stay close to our Savior and if we do, all will be ok. 

Hayden learned leaders care. He learned so much. 

I'm grateful he knows that our Savior will provide. He will give us what we need. He will be there for us always. 

Hayden had a great time. 

So many leaders called us. He worked hard. He was always happy. He did all asked. He served. He loved. He smiled. He laughed. He carried the spirit with him he was simply a delight. 

I'm so proud of my boy. I love him. He is such an example to me. He is one of my personal heroes. I love you, Hayden!!! I am so so so proud of you and he way you handle yourselves. Always stay close to our Savior. He loves you. He always walks with you. He wants to be with you. He wants to help you and guide you. Your job, stay close to him.  Keep his commandments. Read the scriptures. Pray morning. And night. Find joy in the journey. There is always joy to be found when you follow and walk with the Savior. 

You are pavin the way. You are a pioneer in your own right. I love you. 



No comments: