Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 Remembered

I remember that morning very clear in my head. The day before we found out we were having a boy. I was so excited. I woke up thinking about Hayden and all the great things we were going to do together.

My thoughts were quickly turned around as I remember vividly driving to work and hearing the news of the World Trade Center being attacked. I rushed into work to watch CNN on the tv. I couldn't believe that America had been attacked. My heart broke for those that were there experiencing it first hand. I quickly called all my family just to make sure that they were safe. Poor Jodi, Troy was in New York at the time. Jodi got in her car and drove to Arizona just so we could all be together.

I remember the feelings I had that day of love, unity, and being proud to be an American.

No comments: