Sunday, September 28, 2008

Party for Ann

Last night we threw a birthday party for Ann. We had all kinds of food and snacks, Thomas even made a black forest cake, since it is Ann's favorite! We had the Wii and Playstation 3 set up with guitar hero, boxing and bowling. I think for our first teenage party, we did great!

Ann practicing guitar hero before the party. She is really good.

Taylor before the party. I was told no pictures once other people started coming.

Ariyona

Thomas attending to all the food details of the party

My favorite part was sitting on my bed reading and I could hear Ann just laughing and having fun. An overwhelming happiness came over me and I was just so happy that she was happy and having fun. I've been so concerned that this would be such a hard adjustment for her. I was relieved to see her just having fun and making new friends. It is amazing to me that although she has only been with us a short time, how much I have already grown to love her and think of her as just apart of our family. Then, after everyone left, she came in my room, sat on my bed and we talked for over an hour. Nothing earth shattering, just talked about the night, her friends and life. I sure loved it!

Hayden loved the party, he got to pick out his own movies and have a movie marathon in our room. He watched Scooby Doo all night with his dad. Since he is still sick, it was the best way to keep him down and out of the teenager party. And the best part for Hayden, snowcones! Yummy!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm sure this was the best party that Ann has ever had - thanks so much for doing this - I hope she loved it as much as it sounds like she did! you all are the best ever!