Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Anniversary

Eight years ago today, I married Thomas. I had no idea then what a great and wonderful guy I was really getting. Thomas is one of the most amazing guys around. He would and has done everything he can to make me happy! He is kind, caring, compassionate, humble, a hard worker, loving and a great example of Christ. He is an amazing father to Hayden and everyone that comes into our home. He truly loves people and sees the best in them. He can find people's great attributes in a second and always states positive things about people.

Thomas is all these wonderful things to so many people. He has a heart of gold and would do anything to help anyone out. He also will do a million little things without expecting anyone to even notice. I love that he is teaching these wonderful attributes to Hayden and teaching him to serve others.

Thomas is my rock! He has always been there for me to lean on, no matter what the situation. When Thomas was in the hospital last year in ICU, at one point they told me to say anything I needed to tell him because he wasn't doing so well. As I looked at him and held his hand, all kinds of emotions came rushing at me. I could see our entire marraige. At that moment, such an overwhelming peace came over me. I had no regrets. I knew that Thomas and I loved each other. I knew he knew that I loved him and was so grateful to be blessed to be his wife. I knew at that moment, that although no marraige is perfect, that we both have given this marraige 100%.

I think about that experience now and then and am so grateful that my wonderful husband is still with me. I'm thankful that he is still here to make more memories with, thankful for more time for him to show Hayden how to be a husband and a dad, and more time for him to be by my side. That experience has also made me so much more grateful for eternal marraiges and the knowledge that we can be together forever, even after death.

I am so thankful for my sweet husband. I am so glad I made the decision to marry him and that he wanted me. Happy Anniversary, Thomas, I love you!

7 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! You are such a great couple and parents - it's so wonderful to have you in my life and I love you both!!!

Darce said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jodi Davis said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jamie Jo said...

Congratulations. How wonderful to have such a happy 8 years together.

Jacque said...

Happy Anniversary! 8 yrs ago last night (at your reception) I got engaged! Great day! I'm glad you are so happy! It's gone by so fast.

Cassie Simonton said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! We love you.

Bob and Danya said...

Congratulations on 8 awesome years! You have been through alot together. You have always pulled through the hard times because you are perfect for each other. You are an amazing couple!