Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

For Labor Day weekend we went up to the cabins in Oak Creek Canyon. It was so much fun! Hayden, Taylor, Ariyona and I went up on Friday at noon. We had so much fun listening to Mamma Mia the entire way there. I have the girls hooked on the Twilight books and they read the entire weekend. Hayden and I explored and looked for bugs and caterpillars. My favorite moment of the weekend was when Hayden and I sat on the hammock, swinging and talking. He put his head on my lap and just talked about school, caterpillars, friends and why we live in the desert instead of the beautiful mountains. I didn't get a picture, but it will be forever etched in my heart. I love that he is getting old enough to have meaningful conversations. I told him all about me playing in the mountains when I was young. After a while, Taylor and Ariyona came up, sat on rocks next to the hammock and just talked. I love spending time with all three of them.

The girls were lying on the bed reading and Hayden wanted to play. When he came running in and jumped on the bed, both girls immediately gave in to play with him. He is so lucky to have them around. I can't believe how much they humor him and just play with him.


Later that night Thomas, Suzi, Kelli, Scott, Logan and Victoria came up. Then on Saturday morning, the rest of the gang showed up, including, Terri, Ann, Nathan, CJ, Rochelle & Larry, Aimee, Theresa, Shayla and all their kids. We had such a great time.

Hayden and Logan spent the entire weekend searching for caterpillars and had such a great collection when we left. Hayden's favorite was his "tiger" striped caterpillar. CJ and Nathan were great and followed the younger kids around so we could play games. I love Loaded questions and Imaginiff. Such fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I cannot believe you had 25 people playing games. Oh how I miss playing games with the Simonton's. :)

Darce said...

The hammock memory is priceless! There's just something awesome about getting away, relaxing, and taking the time to just enjoy each other.