Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Teenagers!

Kuddos to all of you that have raised teenagers. I have no idea what I am doing. I am so in over my head. I love Ann, Ariyona and Taylor to death, but it has been a long time since I was their age. Does anyone else ever want to shake their teenagers and tell them to grow up? In one minute I am laughing and loving them them being around, the next, I seriously want to strangle them. Are they all a little self centered, hate doing chores, want to sleep all the time or just be on the computer? Then, the next minute I couldn't be more happy and proud of them and the choices they are making. Any advice from those of you who have raised teenagers, call me!

Ann, Taylor and Ariyona, if you read this, know that I love you and most of time think you are absolutely adorable and wonderful! You all know somedays you make me a little crazy, like I am sure I make you crazy too! Love you guys!

3 comments:

Chris said...

technically you shouldn't be experience this for another 6 years...you kinda got thrusted into it. I guess I really can't give any advice since I'm guilty of one of them being in your care now - stay strong and true and just push back harder then they do! Love you Jer!!!

Jodi Davis said...

Don't be so hard on yourself you are doing a great job. The girls love you and the DO appreciate all that you are doing for you even though they don't always let on to that fact. When they are grown and have children of their own I am sure that they will be thankful for you and understand that you were just wanting to do what is best for them. Cheer up and enjoy the ride! Look on the bright side, Hayden might not seem so bad after you have already been through it with 3 girls.

Unknown said...

That is teenagers in a nutshell I think. As Chris said you have been thrust into the situation all at once. You didn't have a chance to grow into it. Girls are definately harder than boys. None of us get an instruction book. It is all by the school of hard knocks and lots of prayer. Thanks for taking one of ours!