Thursday, September 4, 2008

Funny boy

Yesterday as I pulled up to pick up Hayden from school, I had several teachers and staff come out to the car when I picked up Hayden. Apparantly, he had been at the school telling everyone he was getting a sister. Since Hayden has been at this school for the past three years, a lot of the staff is aware of us trying to adopt. They were all excited for us to be getting a baby. I had to explain that we weren't getting a baby but my 17 year old niece, Ann, was coming to live with us. A couple of the teachers laughed at Hayden's reaction to everyone that he was getting a sister. To him, if she's living with us, they are siblings. He is so excited that Ann is coming, he can hardly stand it.

I guess Hayden is wanting a brother or sister even more than I realize. Last night, Jodi told Hayden to help out with Brooklyn and Brigham while she was gone. Hayden's response was, "Jodi, don't worry about it. Of course I'll help out with my little brother." So cute. He is a big help, even if he does refer to Brigham as his little brother. I'm so glad that Brigham idolizes Hayden. He follows him around the house saying, "Hayden, Hayden". They are so fun together.

No comments: