Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Legoland

Thomas and Hayden got up one morning and decided to go to Legoland. I think one of Hayden's greatest loves in life is legos. He plays them any chance he gets. They rank above video games, above movies, and above most anything in his life. Any money he earns is being saved for more lego sets. His favorite piece of mail is the lego catalog.

Thomas and I talked and decided that he deserved something special for how hard he had stepped up this past year in helping around the house and helping to take care of me.

To say Hayden was stoked when we told him, would be a understatement. He kept saying thank you, thank you, thank you and hugging us. Thomas said that the gratitude lasted all day. And, when he got back to the condo that night, he ran into my arms and thanked me and thanked me for getting to go to Legoland.

I loved that Hayden had Thomas text me some of these photos throughout the day so that I would see that he was having fun and enjoy the experience with them. Hayden also LOVED having a dad day! He idolizes his dad and loves spending time with him.

I love that Hayden's imagination still allows him to take on the roles and play the part, even when playing with legos. I love the sound effects, the noises and the made up dialog. Being at Legoland was no different except his creations and imaginations had life size images to contend with. What a dream for my boy.

I love that he wanted to battle the dragon.....
Fight alongside the bionicles.....
Conquer Darth Mal.....
Be a stud like Batman.....
And enjoy the Sea Life Aquarium as much as his dad.
Hayden told me that dad's favorite part was the aquarium... they both loved it. I loved seeing how happy they were. I did get one snapshot as they headed out on their adventure that morning. The excitement was so thick in the air and they were both all smiles. This could have also been the way they looked walking back in the door.... they had a day together, conquering the bad guys, fighting dragons, being heroes, riding rides, eating churros, laughing, talking and being best buds.
I think Thomas loved every minute as much as Hayden did. And of course, what did they stay up doing late that night? Building their new lego set, of course. Hayden can never tire of legos.

No comments: