Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My shadow

As for me, this is how I spent most of the week. For the first half of the week, Talmage absolutely despised the sand. He didn't want to touch it or have anything to do with it. He contently cuddled up on my lap and we talked, ate snacks and played. When I was done with the beach, Hayden and I went up to my room and we watched all kinds of Disney movies with the door open, so we could hear the kids playing and the sounds of the ocean.

I cannot express my love for this boy. I tease Jodi that he is half mine. He has brought incredible joy to my life, especially in the past year. He has been my ray of light and happiness this year. I have loved all the time that I have spent with him. I am so thankful my week in heaven consisted with so much Talmage time. It definitely made not being able to spend a lot of time on the beach bearable. Talmage was always thrilled to head up and inside with me. Thanks, buddy, you made my week so much fun!
I will admit, this boy may have gotten addicted to muddy buddies, diet cokes and cheetos while we were at the beach. Mmmm. Yummy snacks.
One of our favorite things to do was sit on the balcony, overlooking the ocean and yell down to get Thomas, Hayden, Jodi, Brooklyn and Brigham to wave at us. Is he not just an absolutely cutie pie?

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

I am in love with each of these pictures (especially the first crazy face). He really is a Aunt Jer's boy. I think he was already addicted to all of those things before the beach since he hangs with you all the time :). Thanks for loving my kiddos so much and giving me a break when needed. You are the best!